This has been a popular thing to do over on BookLikes recently, so I finally took an afternoon to try to come up with ten at least reasonably interesting things about myself. Here’s what I’ve got.
- I’ve never left the U.S.
- I took Spanish and Latin lessons in middle and high school.
- I’ve had two cats: one who my parents took in as a stray before I was born and died when I was seven, and another who we adopted when I was eleven and who’s turning ten this year.
- Depression, anxiety disorders, and schizophrenia are common on both sides of my family, and I’ve suffered from the first two since puberty hit.
- I have ancestors who emigrated from Spain, England, and Ireland, as well as a handful of ancestors whose ethnic identity and country of origin are still ambiguous. Unfortunately, I doubt I’m ever going to be able to find any records to clear up the mystery.
- When I was in fifth or sixth grade, part of our summer reading assignment was to keep a chart of what we read, when we read it, and how many pages it all totaled. I think we were expected to read around three to five books or so, at best; I turned in two or three pages of titles. I did it again for seventh and eighth grade, in spite of neither teacher actually assigning it. (Me, a dork? Heavens, no! Whatever gave you that idea?)
- My all-time favorite video games are the original Spyro trilogy–though I love the Sims franchise, too!
- While I’m fascinated by religion and mythology from an academic standpoint, I’m an atheistic antitheist.
- I’m a huge fan of children’s media–books, movies, shows, you name it.
- I own over a thousand books–and that’s physical books, not ebooks!